Solid State Power Amplifier (SSPA) technology continues to offer opportunities to displace Travelling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTA) from radar, communication and Electronic Warfare (EW) applications.
Teledyne has continuous active developments of new power amplifiers and higher level integration of multifunctional assemblies across a variety of markets, including space and defence. Recently completed designs cover the spectrum from L-Band through to V-Band.
Teledyne Lincoln Microwave amplifiers use a range of semiconductor materials including LDMOS, Gallium Arsenide (GaAs), Silicon Germanium (SiGe) and Gallium Nitride (GaN), of which, GaN offers the highest power density with these wide bandgap semiconductors generally offering higher output powers.
High Power Amplifiers at a Glance
- Our power amplifiers are usually used to drive a TWT or magnetron but may be used directly as the main RF source.
- Key parameters are output power, efficiency and power gain.
- Example performance parameters:
- Single amplifier outputs are +33dBm to +55dBm (2W to 300W) with the capability
to combine using an external coupler for higher power requirements.
- Gains of +15 to +30dB
- CW and pulsed options
- GaN and GaAs technology
- Operating Temperature -50'C to +85'C
- Input voltages from +24V to +50V and +/-5V.(Priority switching fitted as standard)
- All units have power supply regulation with reverse and over voltage protection.