Waveguide Receiver Protector
The continuous evolution of radar systems creates an ever more complex RF power environment in which sensitive receivers must operate and survive. Teledyne limiters deliver vital protection for a wide range of receivers, providing protection from L-Band through to Ka-Band (1 - 40GHz) and
peak power levels up to 1MW with unparalleled low insertion loss levels.
Waveguide Limiters At a Glance
- Multiple stages concatenated to increase the overall level of attenuation ensuring
lowest possible leakage levels
- Parallel PIN diode elements increase the power capabilities whilst maintaining fast switching thereby ensuring
swift recovery from high isolation to low insertion loss state - improving short-range radar capabilities.
- Passive Schottky bias networks improving power withstand and switch-on times.
- Digital or analogue
- STC (sensitivity time control) <
- Noise source
- Transitions between RF media (waveguide / coax / stripline)
- Built in test equipment (BITE)
- Power detectors